Thursday, February 24, 2011

Abby

Well, I need to do a much needed post on Abby turning 1. Where did the time go? I was just admiring a little baby today who was born 4 days ago and I can honestly say when you are in the moment, you think you will never get through the sleepless nights and figuring out the schedule and then all of a sudden you are celebrating their first birthday! Obviously Abby has been a very good baby, otherwise I might be saying it was the longest year. But we've had such a wonderful year that I can honestly say we have enjoyed every minute of it!

Abby has changed so much and so quickly over just the course of a couple of months! For awhile she was just stomach crawling, but now she's full force crawling like she means it and is starting to stand by herself. She enjoys when we take her around the room and try to walk, so I guess it won't be too long before she ventures on her own. She definitely wants to keep up with those brothers, so she does have some motivation. She now has 7 teeth and definitely knows how to use them. Her teeth have come in one at a time which has been interesting for me since the boys' teeth came in pairs. At about 10 months she decided baby food was not for her, so she eats what we eat and can easily out eat the boys! I'm not sure where this food is going, because she is such a peanut! I think she might weigh just over 16 lbs now, so I'm not sure she will ever face forward in her car seat! Although she's a peanut, she can sure hold her own and she lets her brothers know that.

I'm sure I'll think of more things I want to record, but I'll get this posted in hopes I can get some pictures of her birthday up soon!


Who can resist a fur jacket that Grandpa and Holly gave her?

She likes to play peekaboo underneath the slide.


Abby enjoys playing the piano and she can just reach, so it is really cute to watch her walk down the piano while playing.

She is a stair climber! If I set her down for just a moment, she goes immediately to the steps and climbs them. I get a good work out from this girl.

This picture is for Grandpa Shippy who loves his red tractors. Yes, we start them young!


Playing outside in the wagon on a beautiful day.

No comments: