Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Nathan's 1 year update and Silas's 2 1/2 year update

Since the boys are 18 months apart (a few days difference), it is easy to do updates on both of them. We had Nathan's 1 year dr's check up today and he is doing great! His height is 29 3/4 inches which is 51%. His head is still in the 55% percentile, so he's pretty average there. His weight was 21 lb 4 oz which is the 72 %. So he's still above average in that category. He's a pretty solid boy and is growing like a weed. I think he'll pass up Silas soon or be very close in height and weight to him. I think they are only 5 lb difference now! He is getting more brave in standing up w/o holding anything, but no steps by himself yet. Will keep you updated.

Silas is 2 1/2 years now. We just hit a milestone in that he is officially potty trained (yeah!)! I had started to try shortly after he turned 2, because he showed signs of being ready. However, it was more me pushing him and after awhile I realized I wasn't ready for that undertaking! So, the other day he asked to wear his Thomas underwear again and I was like, here we go again. I told him let's wait until tomorrow morning, figuring if he remembered, then we'd do it. Well, he did and so we started the day off in underwear and with no accidents. I did have to ask him quite a bit if he had to go potty, but he was very receptive. Well, we're a week and a half later with underwear and only a handful of accidents which upsets him more than us. So I think it is the real deal now! Thank goodness, less diapers for awhile. So overall he's doing great and he's enjoying being a big boy!

No comments: