Thursday, June 25, 2009

Life on the Farm (trip cont).

It is so nice to come back to the farm (although not the one I grew up on anymore) and relax. The pace of life is so much slower and it is so quiet and peaceful! It usually takes me a day or so to settle down from "city" life where it seems like you are always on the go and you have all of the luxury of stores around you, to life where there are more gravel roads than blacktops, Target is an hour away, there are more livestock than people! I must admit growing up I didn't appreciate it, because there was always work to be done, you had to drive SO FAR to go shopping, and everyone knew everything about you. Now, I have to laugh, because as we were sitting at the farm, we were watching a crew pick rock in a field nearby and I hope someday my children can experience that type of farm work. I'm sure my step sister will hire them when they're older and we're back......right, Janelle! It is definitely different, but I'm thankful we have the opportunity to get back, let the kids run free without fences and anybody else's yard to be concerned about, chase after cats, drive tractors and 4 wheelers and just be a kid. What a great opportunity!

Here are some pictures of our kids enjoying farm life.

Silas "helping" Amma plant flowers. I wonder if they are still alive!

Grandpa Shippy teaching Silas all about the tractor as they prepare to drive it.


Silas and Grandpa driving around the farm.

Nathan's first tractor ride. He really liked it!



Grandpa showed him the horn, so he really liked the tractor!


Nathan just hanging out in the tractor.


Grandpa Shippy and Nathan walking around the farm.

1 comment:

Soppe's said...

We would have hired them THIS year!!! There is NO lack of rocks to pick here:) Plus it would get me out of having to do it!!