Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Updates.

We have been enjoying our 70 degree weather this week by playing outside and going to various parks in the neighborhoods. Since it is lighter longer in the evenings, we've been able to go on walks as a family again. Kurt and I have decided this is really our only way of getting undivided talking time right now in our life. I don't mind, it keeps us active and the kids are occupied and we get to talk!

Other than that, I feel like the boys are growing up before my eyes all too quickly. Silas is just a riot when he starts talking and gets his hands into it and everything. He's really into saying "huh?" Very cute...at times. He also does a lot of self talk, which is kind of funny. When I drop him off at the nursery for church or MOPS, he will say. "Mommy come get me. Mommy come get Silas. Silas play, momma come get me." He says this while walking to the door to go inside. He use to cry, but I would talk him through what was going to happen, and so this is how he copes with it. The nursery coordinator just loves this. He has the best self talk. He also does this before nap and bedtime. He says, "mommy (or daddy) come get me when I wake up." How cute. I'll have to write more of his sayings down and post them too.

Nathan is quickly approaching 6 months. He's constantly rolling over and starting to eat foods. I started him on cereal last week and will start some foods soon. He is now being incorporated into Daddy's bedtime routine with Silas, so that is fun. Silas really likes his daddy time at bedtime where Kurt reads and sings to him and then puts him to bed. So, after I feed Nathan for the evening, he gets to hang out with daddy and Silas. I wasn't so sure how this would go at first, because Silas likes his time with daddy, but he took to Nathan being with them right away and you often catch Silas giving Nathan kisses during reading time.

Here are some pictures I took recently.

FEED ME!


BEDTIME (favorite books include You can do it, Sam, Snuggle Puppy, If you give a moose a muffin)


Happy Nathan!

No comments: