Monday, January 26, 2009

The Yucky Story and More...

Silas is now at the age where I can leave him in the bathtub for a little bit and let him play while I do some quick tasks. He enjoys playing with his toys and you can usually hear him wherever you are. Well, the other day I was in our bedroom folding a few clothes which is the next room over. All of a sudden I hear this distraught MOMMY call. I run in and Silas is scooting himself in the bathtub away from something and as soon as he saw me, he was trying to stand up to grab me. I couldn't understand what he was saying, but soon I realized he was saying Yucky. Yep, you guessed it, he pooped in the bathtub. Poor guy felt so bad and couldn't get out of there quick enough. So I cleaned it up, recleaned him and disinfected our bathtub!!! The rest of the day, everytime he would walk by the bathroom, he would say Yucky...Silas did yucky. I hope that is the last time that happens!

Now yesterday, Silas was playing with Haven in our den area and I told him I'd be right back. I needed to check on Nathan who was sleeping upstairs. While I was upstairs I heard Silas start crying. I thought it was sort of wierd, but it didn't sound like a loud cry nor did it sound like an emergency. Sometimes he cries when Haven won't give him a toy or play w/ him, so I didn't hurry too much to check. I got downstairs and all I see is Silas's behind hanging out of our entertainment system. (I wish I had a picture!) Well, he got his head caught and couldn't get out. Thankfully it wasn't too hard to maneuver him out of it and he was pretty scared after that, so I doubt he'll do that again either. The rest of the day he would say, Silas stuck and point to his head. I had to explain to Kurt what happened, because it was kind of confusing. Oh the joys!

Here are a few pictures of Silas and the boys together.

Silas loves to chase Haven around our slide in the basement. It is a wonderful workout for both!

Here is Silas being a goofball. He's big into hats and so he wore this around for awhile.

Silas holding onto Nathan. I think Silas was more amused than Nathan, but it didn't take long for Silas to realize how heavy Nathan is!

1 comment:

Soppe's said...

Cute bathtub story. I'm sure this happens to many more people than you think! Keep posting updates!!
Janelle Trav and Brock