Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Recap of Christmas.....

We had a wonderful Christmas, so I'll share a bit. We flew to Chicago on the 23rd to spend some time with Kurt's family. The weather in Chicago included much snow and freezing rain along with temperatures that were frigid!!! After over 3 hours in O'hare airport, we finally got to Grandma Aichele's completely exhausted. We had a wonderful time in Chicago spending much time with family. Silas had a fun time with his cousins and continues to talk about them. Nathan, well...he slept and ate.

On the 26th, we drove to Iowa to surprise my dad along with my two sisters. The weather did not cooperate, as my oldest sister's flight was delayed and driving was tricky at times for us. We met up with my middle sister in Iowa and then headed to my Dad's. We had many different options on how to surprise him, but we ended up meeting at a restaurant nearby his house and with Mary's (my step-mom) help, she convinced him to come there. Surprise! I wish I would have gotten a picture of the look on his face as he saw all of his girls and families there. Anyways, the rest of the time in Iowa was spent hanging out with my sisters, having the cousin's play together (all 9 of them), seeing my grandparents, and one of my cousins was able to come with their children, and we got to see all of my aunts on my mom's side, which was nice. Again, the weather was very cold and snowed, but since we stayed in a lot of the time, it wasn't too bad. The downfall was that we all got sick and are still under the weather, but that happens.

We finally got home Dec 31st after a delay at O'Hare and so we missed our flight in Denver and had to get the next flight, which was also delayed. So we got home later than anticipated. When we arrived, we were still bundled up like it was 10 degrees out only to walk outside to sunny 55 degree weather. Oh how it was nice to be home!

Here are a few pictures. I didn't take too many, but hopefully Kurt will post some also.


Kurt and Nathan hanging out.


Proud Grandpa.
My sister Carla and her twin boys with Grandpa Shippy.

Kurt and Darrell were watching the kids.......
See what they are doing. Here is Ann-Marie.
That was Alec.
Evan in mid air.

Silas taking his turn.

And, the wonderful wait at O'Hare. We were so thrilled!

No comments: