Monday, December 1, 2008

Proud Owners......

We are "proud" owners of a ...........................mini van! Yeah! I can't believe I'm excited about driving a minivan, but oh so functional! Anyways, now we have two vehicles. See, we have been down to one vehicle for just over a month, so I have been somewhat housebound. With having two young children, I must admit going out too much doesn't even interest me, but there have been days where I wanted to go somewhere or do something and I couldn't.

However, I knew it would be worth it in the end and it was. We were able to pay cash and immediately own the vehicle and we do not have any car payments! For those of you that have known how difficult these past few years have been financially, I finally feel like we are getting back on track. Kurt and I are now a team, trying to be wise with our finances, consulting with others before making big purchases and tracking every little penny that we spend!

I am so proud of Kurt! He was leaning towards another direction which would mean car payments and I was biting my lip trying to decide how to submit to my husband, yet kindly tell him, NO. So, I asked him to consult with a friend from church and see what they said while I prayed hard for wisdom. Sure enough, Kurt called back to say our friend along with Kurt didn't feel like that was the wise decision. Praise God for answer to prayer and much wisdom. I'm very thankful for Godly friends that are willing to speak truth into our lives even when it isn't easy!

So with that being said, we are going to continue with what we budgeted for in car payments every month (which we don't have to use now) and save that for car repairs. Our minivan is a 2002 Dodge Caravan with 109,000 miles on it, so we know there will be repairs, but we're hoping it will get us a long time and then we can have saved up enough money to purchase another car with cash. Our next step is probably purchasing another 2nd car since Kurt's car (1990 Grand Am) will probably die soon.

Kurt and I were so excited about our purchase that we even went out Sat night with the kids to cruise around. Haven't done that in awhile. We were like teenagers again! God has taught us so many lessons this year and I wouldn't trade it for anything! I'm just glad it was with Kurt. We had to laugh that although it has been hard, we're glad we were in it together! Oh the stories we will share w/ our children!

1 comment:

Soppe's said...

Sheila,
You seriously crack me up! If you ever catch me being excited about owning a minivan, rest assured that it is because there are no other vehicles left on the face of the earth! I just laughed and laughed reading that post. Granted, I only have one child, but I just can't see me changing my mind too much on this topic. I'm happy that you are pleased about it though. It should be easy to pack up all that baby gear and go now!