Friday, March 7, 2008

Recap of Silas's birthday

Sorry that this is so late. I had hoped to get pictures of Silas's birthday up sooner, but the week got away from me. So, we'll share what we did and then show some pictures. Silas woke up nice and early, as always. Kurt made us some yummy blueberry pancakes which were a hit. I watched a friend from our church's child for the day (Elijah) while they moved. It was a delight to have him, because Silas and Elijah play really well together. The weather was absolutely beautiful, so when Kurt got home from working on his sermon, we went outside to see the alpacas, goats and horse. Silas really likes the animals. Then, we went and played on their swing set. Although there is snow in the background, it really was nice being outside. Then, I made supper for us and the Swasey's (Elijah's parents), so we could enjoy the evening together. Silas really likes spaghetti, so I made a spaghetti pie. Ms. Sandy, our daycare provider, made Silas a very cute Winnie the Pooh cake, so I didn't even have to make a cake (maybe next year I'll get that pleasure!). So, after we ate, Silas opened a few gifts and then we sang Happy Birthday to him and allowed him to eat some of his cake. After that, Kurt had the pleasure of throwing him in the bathtub to clean up.....ugh!


Anyways, thank you all for those that called, sent cards and gifts. It was truly a blessed day for all of us. Kurt took some amazing photos (as always) and also some video. I'm hoping he will be able to post those soon. In the meantime, you'll have to deal with my photos which will at least show a glimpse of the day!


1 comment:

Paula said...

Thanks for sharing, we can't believe Silas is one! Where did the year go? What a nice day for a birthday.