Monday, February 11, 2008

The Temper Tantrums have begun.......

So, the temper is in full force right now. It feels like Silas is way too young for that, but I guess not. It's funny how people say we are not sinners from birth. Ok, then tell me how an infant already throws a tantrum when they don't get what they want. Did we teach him that? I sure hope not. That indeed is our human sinful nature. Anyways, Silas is into this banging his head on the floor. It's very unusual, because sometimes it is because he's mad, but sometimes he just does it even if he's not upset. It also doesn't matter whether it is a tile floor or carpet, he does it anyway! I looked it up on the internet, because it was scaring me at first seeing him hurt himself. Well, looks as though about 20% of babies do it, and it is a calming effect. Hmmm, not sure how it calms you, it appears to make him more mad if it hurts, but I guess that is a part of learning the environment and cause and effect.

Anyways, I will attach a few pictures to show a temper tantrum he had recently. I couldn't get one of him banging his head, but I'll try to get one. The other picture is him playing Peek a boo, which is a game he now absolutely loves. This has made bath time even longer, because before we can start the bath, he grabs the towel and starts playing. It is really cute though, so I guess I don't mind.


No comments: