Monday, April 4, 2011

What has been keeping me busy.....

My little farmer boys digging in what will be my garden again soon. This usually means an immediate trip to the bathroom to assess whether we need a bath or if the sink will do!


A baby that is into absolutely everything!
Lots of bath time memories.
And keeping the kiddos out of my washer and dryer.

Ultimately, trying to remember that this stage goes so quickly and that one day I will look back at these memories and wonder where the time went. Right now while being in the midst of it, I'm thankful to keep my head above water.

Kurt and I had our first overnight trip away from our kids this past week, thanks to some wonderful friends of ours that stayed at our house. We went to a local bed and breakfast and had a wonderful getaway. As we came back, I'm thankful for so much that I realized in such a short period of time. The couple that watched our kids have older kids that range from middle school age to college, so they thanked us graciously for allowing them to watch our kids, because it helped them gain a perspective on where they are at and how they have forgotten what this stage was like and the memories they have of their children at this age. It helped me realize, as much as I desire for my children to grow up and be more independent.....I really need to enjoy this stage in the moment that I'm in. There truly is never a dull moment and when there is that means.......there's either a baby under the sink or little boys in my laundry room!

No comments: