Friday, March 12, 2010

Updates

Ok, I like to do these milestone updates, mainly for me so that I remember, but I think it is nice to have family know how the kids are doing since they don't get to see them that often. So here we go.

We had Silas's 3 year dr's appt. the same day as Abby's 2 week appt, so needless to say, we were at the dr's office for quite awhile! Here is what Silas measures at. He is now 28 lb 4 oz which is the 14% and his height is 36 inches or the 15%. So, at least we can say he's definitely proportional! Let's just say I think he has a lot of the Shippy genes in him and I don't think he'll be the tallest of the bunch! To make matters worse, Nathan is only 2 lbs lighter than Silas and not much shorter, so no more beating up on his brother!

Other than that, Silas is doing great. I wish that the terrible 2's would end when they turn 3, but I guess not! He is such a delight overall though and I really can't complain. He is really enjoying being a big brother and although Nathan and him go at it often, if they are separated they both want to know where the other one is. Silas can often be seen kissing Abby CONSTANTLY and says, I love my baby sister. So, I'm thankful for that. His other new comment is, "I'm just interested." So if he's getting into something he shouldn't, he'll say that. He is still our little encourager and tells us often that we are doing a good job at whatever we're doing. So, thankful for that.

Abby is growing like a weed. At her 2 week appt, she has surpassed her birth weight by almost a lb! She's now 7 lb 3 oz which is 39% and 20 1/2 inches which is 85%. She's a pretty good baby from what I can tell so far. She eats every 3-4 hours and in the night it is closer to 4+ and I'm very happy for that. She "usually" goes right back to bed after eating which really helps! She puts up with her brothers pretty well and takes all of their kisses in stride.

As a whole we are adapting to having 3 young ones as best as you can. Here are some things we are learning as parents.
  • Humility (ask for help!)
  • Flexibility (we move about as fast as a heard of turtles)
  • Bath night takes a full hour and then some
  • McDonald's playgrounds have become great dates!
  • Always call ahead to check hours of operation before packing 3 children into a car!
  • It's never good when your 3 year old tells you that your crabby. First of all that he even knows what that means, but that he's telling you that when he's actually right!
  • Also, that your 3 year old is telling people that baby Abby drinks from mommy because she doesn't have a sippy cup......hmmm, not sure I like that announced in public!
  • To be continued.........

No comments: