Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Daddy Stage......

Silas is definitely going through a Daddy's boy stage. He cries for at least 10 min when Kurt leaves for work and the whole day will talk about daddy. If he sees a car, it is daddy's car or a book is daddy's book. If I tell him daddy is coming home from work, he'll go and sit on the ledge of our front window. If both Kurt and I are around, he really wants nothing to do with me. It is really cute though. I tell Kurt he must be brainwashing him when I'm not around!!! I'll attach a few pictures to show why I think that....he, he. Silas loves to play piano with daddy. Although he doesn't sit for very long yet, he really enjoys "playing" along. Silas also loves books and the other day he grabbed my Bible and started paging through that. I thought it was cute when he grabbed a pen and started to "take notes"....gee that isn't like Kurt at all! The other picture is his first time "helping" me make brownies. Yes, it was all about licking the spoon, as it should be.

Other than that, he's growing up all too fast! His favorite words are "airplane" which there are plenty of out here. He also loves to say "bus, truck and car" even though he sometimes gets confused. His new phrase is "oh boy!" with a lot of excitement. He's really into waving goodbye and blowing kisses. It's not too uncommon for him to do it to complete strangers who just love it.

Anyways, pray for us this weekend as we go camping in the mountains with our church. It should be fun, but this will truly be our first time camping as a family in a tent, so I'm sure it will be an adventure!

1 comment:

Paula said...

Evan went through that stage at about the same age....it's so cute. Now, at seven, he's back at full-blown daddy stage. Mom is sometimes just not cool enough!