Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The wonders of beach balls

Since the weather has been so warm out, we've been able to play outside almost everyday and even go to the park. However today was a different story and it was dreary and cold (thank goodness that isn't common here!). So we were all pretty grumpy to say the least. We were playing in our basement area and the boys were fighting over toys and all I was doing was being a referee. Then I remembered some beach balls that we had gotten on clearance at the end of the summer for .25 each. What a steal. So I blew up two of them (we still have two left.....) and what a change in attitudes. We were kicking them, throwing them, playing soccer and making goals in my laundry basket. Next thing I knew it was lunchtime and we had been doing this for almost 2 hours straight. Ahhhh....thank goodness for the little things in life. Here are a few pictures of our morning.



Nathan just being cute. He loves balls!!!!!!!!!!!
Nathan being "all boy" and playing with the trucks now.


Unfortunately I missed when they both had their heads sticking out the holes at the same time smiling. I couldn't get them to do it again, so this was as good as it got.

Nathan with his beach ball.

Here they were kicking and throwing the beach balls at my laundry basket. Oh what fun!

No comments: