Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Our 5th Wedding Anniversary (belated)

We celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary this past Saturday. We had a very nice day and evening together. I had told Kurt Friday that I would love to stay in my pj's all day long....well, I pretty much did! We had a long evening with both children getting up a lot, so Kurt got up with Silas while I stayed in bed a little bit longer than normal. Kurt took Silas to the store to get flowers and some special "muffins" for all of us to share. The rest of the day entailed watching football (yeah, Iowa finally won!) and relaxing.

Kurt got a babysitter for Silas so that we could go out to eat that evening. (Thank you Damon, we greatly appreciate it!). So, we went to a very nice restaurant and took Nathan (who slept the whole time!) We had a very nice time talking about the past 5 years, where we have been, what we have done, special moments, positives/negatives, you name it. It was a short evening though, as we knew we couldn't be out too long, for Damon's sake and for mommy's sake, so back home within a couple of hours. Date nights have become a challenge, but definitely worth it.

Anyways, I thought I'd post some pictures from our wedding day and a few pictures from our honeymoon to the Wine country in CA. Sometimes it feels just like yesterday!


2 comments:

Paula said...

Happy Anniversary, and here's to many many more! Hard to believe it's been 5 years! I love you both.

Soppe's said...

Wow! Five years, huh? It seems like just a little bit ago that I was in Chicago for the first time, driving, downtown, in the middle of the Chicago marathon, having no idea where I was going, etc..... :) Quite the adventure! It was a beautiful wedding though! Congrats on 5 years:)